What’s Promptly in a nutshell
An end-to-end provider of Real-World Evidence solutions, generating new knowledge from high-quality harmonized datasets.
What’s our purpose
We exist to empower every patient and every health organization on the planet with evidence on the outcomes of care!
Why do we get up in the morning? Well, most healthcare professionals have chosen to work in healthcare driven by their desire to make a difference in patients’ lives. And so have we! We have chosen to follow this calling by addressing the biggest problem in healthcare: the lack of real-world evidence on the outcomes of care.
For us, society denying patients better care due to lack of access to data is unethical, in a world where technology improved so many aspects of our world. Making the right evidence available to healthcare organizations to help prevent one lost life, one care complication, one failed treatment is the moral obligation that big tech companies have – it’s our Hippocratic Oath.
At Promptly, everything we do is driven by our core purpose: to promote better healthcare at lower costs for patients every day, by making health outcomes available.
We are scaling fast and (certainly not) breaking things, backed by renowned VC investors. In the next two years, we will enter new markets in Europe and Latin America, reaching out to new patients with multiple healthcare needs, whom we will help live their lives to their fullest potential. Exciting stuff!
We are looking for a frontend engineer to join our engineering team. If you are looking for an opportunity where career-minded professionals can achieve success while bringing their best and whole selves to work each day, Promptly may be the company you have been looking for.
What you’ll be expected to do
- Write good, clean and testable code
- Attention to detail
- Being proud of the code you write and the product you build
- Review code and help each other being better
- Being self-driven, have a proactive mind and sense of ownership
- Collaborate with a team of other talented people
- Use best practices and excel at what you do
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving using high performant solutions
- Choose the right tool/tech-stack for the job
Qualifications and work experience
- Someone with solid knowledge of testing tools such as Jest and React Testing
- A professional with solid knowledge in GIT and its features.
- Experience with OO programming and software design patterns
- Experience with Continuous Delivery development process is a plus
- A person with proven experience in working collaboratively within a multi-team environment, dealing with extensive code bases.
- Proficient in written and spoken English.
Personality and behavioral traits
If you love to learn, if you are willing to share knowledge and would love to be part of a well-motivated and growing team, using the latest technology stack and having fun doing it, this is an opportunity you can't miss.
What we offer
- Ownership, defining your own career pathway
- A unique growth opportunity, being one of the firsts on a fast-growing team that will make healthcare better and have a significant impact in people’s lives
- Fantastic working environment, with a young and enthusiastic, and talented 30+ team coming from highly reputed players from Healthcare to Unicorn Startups, and leading Multinational
- Financial benefits
- Competitive salary
- Private health insurance
- Allowance for home-office equipment
- Non-financial benefits
- Equal opportunity and inclusive environment
- Flexible work schedule
- Flexible vacation policy
- Corporate events (all-hands; retreats; ...)
What is the recruiting process like
- There is a first interview with your future manager and/ or seasoned team members to get to know you and to give you an overview of Promptly and of the job you are applying to
- Afterwards, you will undergo a technical assessment stage, in which you will work on a test task or solve a business case.
- In same exceptional cases, a third interview might take place. Don’t worry if this happens. It’s because we have a good opinion on you, but there might be something we still need to get clear
- Finally, you will get your offer, and hopefully you’ll accept it!
Our Culture & Values
If there is 1 rule at Promptly, this is the one – before making any judgement, put yourself in the shoes of another.
Empathy is the courage to choose to actively understand what the experience of another person could have felt like, without necessarily have experienced it ourselves.
Empathy is not a one-day journey, it is a mindset that must be continuously developed – it is an everyday choice to fight for kindness and, by doing so, to help change people, organizations, and society for the better.
If you embrace this mindset, you are a true leader @ Promptly, you are a true leader in our society.
At Promptly, we don’t foster fixed hierarchies or top-down decision-making. If you want to hit the ground running in our team, do not wait for someone to “tell you what to do”.
Acting like an owner means that you should align with our core purpose and find the best way to deliver on it, every day.
Starting a new project, analyzing new data, reaching out to a new client, there is no area of the company you cannot have an impact in, because there is no such thing as “someone else’s problem”.
Working to improve healthcare is a great responsibility and what inspires us to not settle for less.
You have the responsibility to be a leader within our company. A leader is not a title. A leader is someone who delivers on our core purpose and inspires others to follow our cultural values. It is a “great power, and a great responsibility”.
Leadership comes with the awareness of one’s own strengths and weaknesses and the responsibility to use these to deliver on what you promised. It comes with the responsibility to understand the context, ask for help when needed (teamwork), and be accountable for the quality of what we produce (excellence).
Our team is our greatest asset, and we are fortunate to attract great people. We go the extra mile to find the best person for every role – making our team diverse in backgrounds, personal experiences, skills and knowledge.
If you are not contributing – or worse, actively destroying – teamwork, you are derailing us from our core purpose and ultimately hurting patient care.
At Promptly, we’re recognized by society as thought leaders, contributing to research and evidence generation through technology and data science.
We put on ourselves a very high pressure to keep delivering on this role to our customers, patients and society.
Excelling at our work is a continuous process of improvement, it is not an end state. We're committed to continuous learning and self-development. So, if you have just finalized delivering a great work, rest, enjoy and go improve your work further.