What’s Promptly in a nutshell
We are a Data Analytics company, collecting, integrating, and analyzing data on the outcomes of care.
We answer the question – is this patient treatment the best it could possibly be?
What’s our purpose
We exist to empower every patient and every health organization on the planet with evidence on the outcomes of care!
Why do we get up in the morning? Well, most healthcare professionals have chosen to work in healthcare driven by their desire to make a difference in patients’ lives. And so have we! We have chosen to follow this calling by addressing the biggest problem in healthcare: the lack of real-world evidence on the outcomes of care.
For us, society denying patients better care due to lack of access to data is unethical, in a world where technology improved so many aspects of our world. Making the right evidence available to healthcare organizations to help prevent one lost life, one care complication, one failed treatment is the moral obligation that big tech companies have – it’s our Hippocratic Oath.
At Promptly, everything we do is driven by our core purpose: to promote better healthcare at lower costs for patients every day, by making health outcomes available.
We are scaling fast and (certainly not) breaking things, backed by renowned VC investors. In the next two years, we will enter new markets in Europe and Latin America, reaching out to new patients with multiple healthcare needs, whom we will help live their lives to their fullest potential. Exciting stuff!
What you’ll be expected to do
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation and load from a wide variety of data sources
- Build, maintain and improve rock solid ETL pipelines
- Experience with some commonly known technologies as Apache Airflow, Spark, Trino, AWS redshift, ClickHouse, Airbyte, etc
- Keep data secure
- Enforce privacy and security by design
- Collaborate with engineering and product team to build a high-quality data-driven product
- Strong intuition to interpret trends and patterns
- Prepare data for prescriptive and predictive modeling
- Being self-driven, have a pro-active mindset and sense of ownership
- Collaborate with a team of other talented people
- Use best practices and excel at what you do
- Troubleshooting and problem solving using high performance solutions
- Choose the right tool/tech-stack for the job
Qualifications and work experience
- Advanced SQL and Python skills
- Proven experience as a Data Engineer should include a track-record of scaling data analytics products from small pilots to live, well-functioning products working for thousands (millions) of people
- Experience building and optimizing big data pipelines, architectures and data sets
- Strong analytical skills related to working with unstructured data sets
- Experience with AWS technologies
- Experience with common data science and Big Data
- Great numerical and analytical skills
- Experience working with Health Data frameworks (e.g. OMOP-CDM) is a plus
- Great communication skills
- Data-oriented personality
- Design and write efficient and well-structured test procedures
- Writing test specifications, test case scenarios, and performing continuous testing
- Review requirements, specifications, and technical design documents
- Create quality measurements to track improvement in products
- Collaborating with the Engineering team, working with an agile and continuous delivery mindset
- You will work across our product squads, collaborating closely with the Head of Product and the CTO
- Support and train the development team to improve attention to detail and testing skills
- Responsible for the product quality assurance
- Create high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards
Personality and behavioral traits
You are bright, self-starter with relentless energy and positivity, and passionate about being part of a nascent and mission-driven project in healthcare. You have the ability to influence through persuasion, negotiation, and consensus building and the flexibility to manage differences of opinion within the team. You are a good communicator, and you are excellent at establishing contacts and building relationships. You privilege an analytical approach and an ability to identify the strategic dimension of the issues.
You are ambitious, enjoy taking ownership and are constantly working to improve your skills, and you’re not afraid to constructively challenge. You are willing to hustle to get things done in a fast-paced environment.
What we offer
- Ownership, defining your own career pathway
- A unique growth opportunity, being one of the firsts on a fast-growing team that will make healthcare better and have a significant impact in people’s lives
- Fantastic working environment, with a young and enthusiastic, and talented 30+ team coming from highly reputed players from Healthcare to Unicorn Startups, and leading Multinational
- Financial benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus
- Equity compensation via our ESOP (open to ALL team members of our team)
- Private health insurance
- Allowance for home-office equipment
- Non-financial benefits
- Equal opportunity and inclusive environment
- Flexible work schedule
- Flexible vacation policy
- Corporate events (all-hands; retreats; ...)
What is the recruiting process like
- There is a first interview with your future manager and/ or seasoned team members to get to know you and to give you an overview of Promptly and of the job you are applying to
- Afterwards, you will undergo a technical assessment stage in which you will work on a test task or solve a business case. Depending on the position, it might be sent before the interview
- In same exceptional cases, a third interview might take place. Don’t worry if this happens. It’s because we have a good opinion on you, but there might be something we still need to get clear
- Finally, you will get your offer and hopefully you’ll accept it!
Our Culture & Values
If there is 1 rule at Promptly, this is the one – before making any judgement, put yourself in the shoes of another.
Empathy is the courage to choose to actively understand what the experience of another person could have felt like, without necessarily have experienced it ourselves.
Empathy is not a one-day journey, it is a mindset that must be continuously developed – it is an everyday choice to fight for kindness and, by doing so, to help change people, organizations, and society for the better.
If you embrace this mindset, you are a true leader @ Promptly, you are a true leader in our society.
At Promptly, we don’t foster fixed hierarchies or top-down decision making. If you want to hit the ground running in our team, do not wait for someone to “tell you what to do”.
Acting like an owner means that you should align with our core purpose and find the best way to deliver on it, every day.
Starting a new project, analyzing new data, reaching out to a new client, there is no area of the company you cannot have an impact in, because there is no such thing as “someone else’s problem”.
Working to improve healthcare is a great responsibility and what inspires us to not settle for less.
You have the responsibility to be a leader within our company. A leader is not a title. A leader is someone who delivers on our core purpose and inspires others to follow our cultural values. It is a “great power, and a great responsibility”.
Leadership comes with the awareness of one’s own strengths and weaknesses and the responsibility to use these to deliver on what you promised. It comes with the responsibility to understand the context, ask for help when needed (teamwork), and be accountable for the quality of what we produce (excellence).
Our team is our greatest asset, and we are fortunate to attract great people. We go the extra mile to find the best person for every role – making our team diverse in backgrounds, personal experiences, skills and knowledge.
If you are not contributing – or worse, actively destroying – teamwork, you are derailing us from our core purpose and ultimately hurting patient care.
At Promptly, we’re recognized by society as thought leaders, contributing to research and evidence generation through technology and data science.
We put on ourselves a very high pressure to keep delivering on this role to our customers, patients and society.
Excelling at our work is a continuous process of improvement, it is not an end state. We're committed to continuous learning and self-development. so, if you have just finalized delivering a great work, rest, enjoy and go improve your work further.
By submitting your application, you consent to Promptly/ Proef processing your personal data for recruitment purposes and to store such personal data for up to 12 months, unless we receive a request of erasure of the data from you to firstname.lastname@example.org, in case Promptly would like to contact you regarding future job openings.